The core of our ministry is to facilitate up close and personal relationships with the women we serve. Our support group meets regularly and gathers around the table…sometimes with a meal and sometimes with an activity…but always with heartfelt conversation around the topic at hand. We encourage our ladies to be fully present and participate with rare, but refreshing, honesty.
We learn from each other. We encourage one another. Most importantly, we release our struggles to the One who can fully carry the burden. Through Christ alone, our hope and strength is found.
If you are interested in finding a place to belong, join us at our current support group:
Second Presbyterian Church, 4055 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111
Downstairs in Room C101
Scheduled meetings are held Wednesdays from 6:15 – 7:30. The Shine ministry hosts Jumping for Jesus activities for special individuals while parents/caregivers meet with The Power Plant. Meals are served in the fellowship hall from 5:15 – 6:00. Cost is $7/adult and $3/child. Dinner is optional, but many from our group come early to eat together. We would love to have you!
Calendar of Meetings & Events
- March 6, 2019 – group meeting
- March 13, 2019 – we do NOT meet (Spring Break)
- March 20, 2019 – group meeting
- March 27, 2019 – group meeting
- April 3, 2019 – group meeting
- April 10, 2019 – group meeting
- April 17, 2019 – churchwide Jewish Seder dinner & the final meeting of the Spring semester with Jumping for Jesus childcare
- May – family picnic (Date & Location TBD)
- June – August – monthly family events TBD
- September – weekly meetings resume at Second Presbyterian with Jumping for Jesus
If you have questions, please submit through our contact page. Thank you!